Divorce Attorney Raleigh NC Jamie Vavonese

Vavonese Law Firm also handles QDRO’s or the division of retirement accounts, pensions, etc through qualified domestic relations orders. In order to effectively divide a qualified plan like pension plans, profit-sharing plans, and 401(k) plans – a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) must be entered by the Court. A separation agreement or divorce decree is not sufficient enough to entitle either party to a portion of their spouse’s retirement. The administrator of the plan will not pay your share to you without a QDRO which is signed by a judge. A QDRO should only be drafted by a qualified attorney.