Aggressive Defense Against Drug Charges
Drug charges vary greatly, as do their penalties. You need to hire a good attorney to represent your case. If you have been charged with a drug offense, don’t wait to contact a skilled criminal defense lawyer. Contact Vavonese Law Firm, PC in Raleigh today. We will help you understand the charges against and work with you to come up with the best defense strategy.
If you are facing felony drug charges, we will negotiate and try to reduce your charges. Reduced or dropped charges could benefit you in the future when it comes to finding housing, employment and more.
Jamie Vavonese Is A Skilled Defense Attorney For Drug Charges
Our firm handles a broad range of felony and misdemeanor drug crime charges, including those involving alleged possession, sale, manufacturing and cultivation of the following illegal drugs:
- Powder cocaine
- Designer Drugs
- Prescription Drugs
- Opiates like OxyContin, codeine, morphine, fentanyl, Percocet, and Valium.
Prescription Drug Charges
We defend our clients who have been accused of unauthorized use and sale of prescription drugs. Prescription drug charges can add up quickly, because, in determining the amount of the drug in question, the law considers the entire weight of the pill, not only the active ingredient, sometimes leading to the individual being charged with drug trafficking. Those facing prescription drug charges may face additional, related charges such as prescription drug fraud and “doctor shopping.”
State Marijuana Charges In North Carolina
Marijuana offenses in the state of North Carolina carry punishments that range from probation up to a mandatory 175-month minimum sentence depending on the charge. We handle all types of state marijuana cases, including:
- Possession of less than one-half an ounce of marijuana
- Possession of more than one-half ounce but less than one and one-half ounces of marijuana
- Felony possession of marijuana
- Possession with the intent to sell and/or deliver marijuana
- Sale and/or delivery
- Cultivation/manufacture of marijuana
- Trafficking of marijuana
- Possession of paraphernalia
North Carolina Cocaine Charges
Cocaine offenses in North Carolina carry a range of punishments from probation up to a mandatory 175-month minimum sentence depending on the charge. We handle all types of state cocaine and crack drug charges such as:
- Felony possession
- Possession with the intent to sell and/or deliver
- Sale and/or delivery
- Manufacture of cocaine
- Cocaine trafficking
State Methamphetamine Crimes (North Carolina Methamphetamine Offense)
- Possession is punished as a class H felony
- Possession with the intent to sell or deliver is punished as a class H felony
- Sale and/or delivery is punished as a class G felony
- Manufacturing methamphetamine in North Carolina is punished as a class C felony.
- Possession of precursor chemicals with the intent to manufacture methamphetamine is punished as a class F felony.
- Trafficking in methamphetamine:
- Level I Trafficking carries a mandatory 70-month minimum prison sentence and a fine of not less than $50,000.
- Level II Trafficking carries a mandatory 90-month minimum prison sentence and a fine of not less than $100,000
- Level III Trafficking carries a mandatory 225-month minimum prison sentence and a fine of not less than $250,000
If you have been charged in the state of North Carolina with a heroin or fentanyl offense, your punishment dependent on the amount of the drug that was allegedly recovered. This also affects the type and severity of the charges that are filed. Here are some common heroin charges that Vavonese Law Firm, PC defends our clients against:
- Possession with intent to sell/deliver
- Delivery or sale
- Death by Distribution